‘Energy’ has been the buzz word for quite some time now, right? One can, on a daily basis hear people speaking about feeling low/high on energy and their need for boost in energy levels and so on. Ask a mother and she will share her own biography on ‘Energy’ .In these fast paced times, we look for quick fixes to all these needs and often reach out to the unhealthy options easily available on the shelves. Some of them may provide us with an instant boost of energy but result in a sluggish us a few hours thenceforth. To add to our misery, we keep reading articles on how we need to stay off anything that’s packed and feel guilty looking at all those stacked packets in our houses. I do. But let’s face it, however true may that be, it is impossible to entirely eliminate ready to eat foods to serve as snacks. We need them. We all do. If only people in the food industry vowed to do their best to produce and make available the healthiest eating options to us. Ready to eat packaged food should not be a problem if it’s ingredient list is good along with harmless/no preservatives. I am always on the lookout for such brands and have fortunately come across a few in my blogging journey. One such brand is ‘Gouri’s Goodies’. Loving this alliteration. Continue reading
All of us (Well, most of us) strive to do well in whatever we do in our lives. I think I am also one of them. Even if I may not be consciously and evidently putting in a lot of effort in the task in hand, subconsciously I am doing my best! Here’s proof!
- I was part of my school annual shows each year, be it dancing or group choir or part of drama, I was on stage! (unlike today , back then there were a minimum 35 to 42 children in each class, so not everyone was on stage !
- Post B.A , I was confused between pursuing HRM and B.Ed. So I did both! I would attend the B.Ed classes from morning to evening and from evening to night I was at the Post Graduate Human Resource Management classes. Not only did I survive all the tedious projects both courses demanded, I scored the highest marks in practise teaching in my B.Ed batch at ST. Xavier’s and stood 2ND RANK in my PGDHRM course 😀
- I won the BABBER SHER contest held by Radio City, Mumbai in the year 2010. I was called to their radio station after I won many levels of creative one liners from entries all over Mumbai and beat the other finalist on live radio becoming the BABBER SHERNI! So I proved that SHERNIS are as good as SHERS 🙂
- I won an all India slogan writing contest held by Pepsi .( Maybe I should have been a copywriter in life?) My slogan was chosen the best from amongst lakhs of entries. I was most excited about meeting Ranbir Kapoor than anything else! I appeared on IPL EXTRA INNINGS TV show with Ranbir Kapoor and Gaurav Kapur.
- I left my job as a teacher at a reputed South Mumbai School because they didn’t give me a 10 day leave to prepare for my M.A in English Literature Exam. Not only did I pass with flying colours but I also helped a friend clear these exams by helping her with my notes and explanation when English was her least favourite subject!
- I believe I made a difference in the life of thousands of little souls during my teaching stint of around 7 years. There is no love as pure as that of children and I am grateful I received so much of it!
- I gained over 25 kgs during pregnancy and knocked the post delivery 17 kgs over a period of 2 years! Full post on this some day.
- I managed to complete this post with a toddler at home! Phew!
Apart from this of course, there are many important satisfying roles that we play in our daily lives that give us immense pleasure and a sense of achievement with the results our efforts yield. What would you put as your top achievements in life? Do share!
If you have been reading my posts you should have a fairly good idea that I am very particular about what goes into my skin so you can well imagine the care I take of my baby’s skin. Even when it came to wipes, I was always hunting for alcohol and fragrance free wipes with minimal ingredients and did find a few in Dubai but they were pretty expensive. MAMA EARTH heard me I guess and they have introduced India’s first ORGANIC BAMBOO BASED WIPES. I am simply elated!
Price: Rs 249 for a pack of 72 wipes.
Shelf life: 2 years. Continue reading