All of us (Well, most of us) strive to do well in whatever we do in our lives. I think I am also one of them. Even if I may not be consciously and evidently putting in a lot of effort in the task in hand, subconsciously I am doing my best! Here’s proof!
- I was part of my school annual shows each year, be it dancing or group choir or part of drama, I was on stage! (unlike today , back then there were a minimum 35 to 42 children in each class, so not everyone was on stage !
And the dance drama continues till date!
- Post B.A , I was confused between pursuing HRM and B.Ed. So I did both! I would attend the B.Ed classes from morning to evening and from evening to night I was at the Post Graduate Human Resource Management classes. Not only did I survive all the tedious projects both courses demanded, I scored the highest marks in practise teaching in my B.Ed batch at ST. Xavier’s and stood 2ND RANK in my PGDHRM course 😀
RECEIVING THE AWARD FOR HIGHEST MARKS IN B.ED (ST.XAVIER’s batch 2008-2009) from DR INDU SHAHANI- SHERIFF OF MUMBAI
- I won the BABBER SHER contest held by Radio City, Mumbai in the year 2010. I was called to their radio station after I won many levels of creative one liners from entries all over Mumbai and beat the other finalist on live radio becoming the BABBER SHERNI! So I proved that SHERNIS are as good as SHERS 🙂
- I won an all India slogan writing contest held by Pepsi .( Maybe I should have been a copywriter in life?) My slogan was chosen the best from amongst lakhs of entries. I was most excited about meeting Ranbir Kapoor than anything else! I appeared on IPL EXTRA INNINGS TV show with Ranbir Kapoor and Gaurav Kapur.
- I left my job as a teacher at a reputed South Mumbai School because they didn’t give me a 10 day leave to prepare for my M.A in English Literature Exam. Not only did I pass with flying colours but I also helped a friend clear these exams by helping her with my notes and explanation when English was her least favourite subject!
- I believe I made a difference in the life of thousands of little souls during my teaching stint of around 7 years. There is no love as pure as that of children and I am grateful I received so much of it!
- I gained over 25 kgs during pregnancy and knocked the post delivery 17 kgs over a period of 2 years! Full post on this some day.
- I managed to complete this post with a toddler at home! Phew!
Apart from this of course, there are many important satisfying roles that we play in our daily lives that give us immense pleasure and a sense of achievement with the results our efforts yield. What would you put as your top achievements in life? Do share!
Ever since I attended this event part of the ‘HowSafeAreYou ‘ campaign launched by GODREJ LOCKING SOLUTIONS &SYSTEMS, my home security has been on my mind. I could totally relate to the common consumer mentality of ‘getting any good lock’ to secure my house. But as we were narrated stories of how houses are broken into and various modus operandi of thieves, I realized I too needed to tighten up my house’s security and I am doing that very soon!(Hoping no burglar is reading this!) Continue reading
If you have been reading my posts you should have a fairly good idea that I am very particular about what goes into my skin so you can well imagine the care I take of my baby’s skin. Even when it came to wipes, I was always hunting for alcohol and fragrance free wipes with minimal ingredients and did find a few in Dubai but they were pretty expensive. MAMA EARTH heard me I guess and they have introduced India’s first ORGANIC BAMBOO BASED WIPES. I am simply elated!
Price: Rs 249 for a pack of 72 wipes.
Shelf life: 2 years. Continue reading
Mothers are the most anxious species on earth.Period. “My baby isn’t eating enough”, : My daughter is surely calcium deficient”, “ How do I know if he is getting all nutrients?”, “ Don’t give a candy to my kid!”. Familiar enough?
Super Gummy has come up with a solution to resolve some of the above problems- A range of chewable multi vitamins!
Before we move on to the details of what these are, let’s first talk about who should be taking them. Continue reading
So you have just fulfilled the ‘every girl’s dream’ of a fancy wedding, and a fancier honeymoon and are not even done wearing the newly married colours and dresses and there are still restaurants with romantic ambiences waiting to be ticked off your list when you start getting greeted by the dreaded “khush khabri kab hai?”. Actually not fair to call it dreaded as I take the risk to assumptively say that most married women do also dream of having a baby of their own.
But have you noticed that the ones who ask this question are usually not your close loved ones. Not that our loved ones aren’t eagerly waiting for our offspring ,of course they are the most, but generally they want us to enjoy our newly married bliss state for a while before we hop onto the never ending journey called ‘parenthood’. Continue reading
From the outside, this place does not give you a slight hint of the wonders it contains. ‘Less is more, we believe’, says the lively Kamal as she guides us through the entire place. The contemporary interiors with neutral tones are tastefully done and the place is impeccably clean. We are made to wear our hair and feet covers and shown the three therapy rooms.
The welcome area
Sudocrem is the Holy Grail cream for many mothers when it comes to treating their babies’ rashes. It also claims to treat Eczema, surface wounds, sunburn , minor burns, acne ,bed sores and chilblains. Let’s get straight to the ingredients list to see what this famous product is made up of and weather you need to stock it up or toss that current jar into the bin.