Mothers are the most anxious species on earth.Period. “My baby isn’t eating enough”, : My daughter is surely calcium deficient”, “ How do I know if he is getting all nutrients?”, “ Don’t give a candy to my kid!”. Familiar enough?
Super Gummy has come up with a solution to resolve some of the above problems- A range of chewable multi vitamins!
Before we move on to the details of what these are, let’s first talk about who should be taking them.
We all know that food should be the best source of all your nutritional requirements, specially in the case of kids. But, there are some cases in which a child does not meet his/ her daily requirement of nutritional needs owing to various factors ( Dental issues, appetite issues, or other emotional or physical conditions ) which lead to less consumption/ absorption of nutrients.
I would recommend taking SUPER GUMMY only if your child falls into one of the above categories and it has been established by a certified doctor that your child needs multi vitamins. You may also show the ingredients to your paediatrician on the next visit and ask if they are safe for your child.
What are Super Gummies?
These are chewable jelly like gummies and are free of the following:
Good to know that they are :
- Made from real fruits
- With natural colour
- Less Sugar
- Are fat free
- 100 %Vegetarian
As per my research, I agree on all of the above points but I don’t like that it has sugar and that it is the first on its ingredient list , meaning it is in the highest amounts of all other ingredients. That is understandable as the other vitamins need to be in minute quantities. I wish they come up with other slightly better alternatives of sugar ( maybe jaggery?) which can work their jelly making formula.
The four variants:
Super gummies come in 4 variants. Each pack consists of 30 individually packed chewable supplements. The packaging is wonderful! The dosage is the same for all. 1 gummy daily for children above 3 years of age under adult supervision. The details of the main vitamins in each of the flavours is written behind the packs. Please note that all four variants comprise of varying ingredients as they are each for a specific nutritional need.
I received all 4 variants and will review the flavour OMG!Orange today! Here is all that goes into the gummies:
- Fruit pulp
- Pectin: Pectin is produced commercially as a white to light brown powder, mainly extracted from citrus fruits, and is used in food as a gelling agent, particularly in jamsand jellies.
- Acidity regulator e 330: The food additive Citric Acid (330) is naturally derived from citrus fruits and imparts a sour or citrus flavour to food and beverages. It can also have a naturalvpreservative effect.
- Vitamin c : You need vitamin C for the growth and repair of tissues in all parts of your body. It helps the body make collagen, an important protein used to make skin, cartilage, tendons, ligaments, and blood vessels. Vitamin C is needed for healing wounds, and for repairing and maintaining bones and teeth. It’s rare to be seriously deficient in vitamin C, although evidence suggests that many people may have low levels of vitamin C. Signs of vitamin deficiency include dry and splitting hair; gingivitis (inflammation of the gums) and bleeding gums; rough, dry, scaly skin; decreased wound-healing rate, easy bruising; nosebleeds; and a decreased ability to ward off infection. A severe form of vitamin C deficiency is known as scurvy.
- Vitamin A Retinol :Vitamin A is a fat-soluble vitamin that has several important functions in the body as it helps cells reproduce normally, a process called cellular differentiation.It is essential for good vision. The first sign of a vitamin A deficiency is often poor sight at night.Vitamin A helps keep skin and mucous membranes that line the nose, sinuses, and mouth healthy. It also plays a role in immune system function, growth, bone formation, reproduction and wound healing.
- Vitamin D2( Ergocalciferol ). Vitamin D is important for the absorption of calcium from the stomach and for the functioning of calcium in the body. Ergocalciferol is used to treat hypoparathyroidism (decreased functioning of the parathyroid glands).
- Zinc is crucial for good health and development as more than 70 enzymes depend on zinc to perform their roles in digestion and metabolism. And children who don’t get enough zinc risk having stunted growth. Fortunately, zinc deficiencies are rare.
- Permitted Natural colour( E160aii): These flavours and colours are NATURAL rather than synthetic with no counterpart in nature (which we call artificial). Many flavours are extracted from herbs or spices so are close to their natural state Colour (160a) is beta-carotene, which is the yellow-orange colour in carrots, pumpkin and mango. It is converted into vitamin A once in the body.
- Natural identical flavours: A natural flavor is the essential oil, oleoresin, essence or extractive, protein hydrolysate, distillate, or any product of roasting, heating or enzymolysis, which contains the flavoring constituents derived from a spice, fruit or fruit juice, vegetable or vegetable juice, edible yeast, herb, bark, bud, root, leaf or similar plant material, meat, seafood, poultry, eggs, dairy products, or fermentation products thereof, whose significant function in food is flavouring rather than nutritional.
Is ‘The Lyrical Momma’ using these gummies?
All of the above ingredients are pretty safe and good for a toddler of above 3 years but like I said earlier, taking them as daily supplements should only be done after a doctor’s approval as long term consumption of some vitamins leading to over consumption may have adverse effects.
My daughter is not yet three years old so ofcourse I don’t give them to her daily but yes these are the perfect replacements for any other candy in the market which is full of sugar plus other artificial colours and preservatives. I give these to her whenever she demands a candy and the teddy shaped gummies with the delicious orange flavour are hard to resist myself so I too pop a gummy on some days knowing it is only good for me!
Have you tried the other flavours? What is your opinion of them? Do share in the comments below!